Blaise Matuidi already making an impact at Inter Miami
Blaise Matuidi joined the new Major League Soccer franchise Inter Miami this summer and he could make his debut tonight against Nashville SC.
Blaise Matuidi joined Inter Miami a couple of weeks ago and after getting his working visa he is ready to make his debut today against Nashville SC. His arrival has had a big impact not only in Major League Soccer, but also among his teammates. Inter Miami’s captain Luis Robles talked about how big of an impact the French international has had since arriving.
“We are talking about a guy (Matuidi) who has won it all and he has played for the biggest clubs in Europe. Blaise is a very talented player and everything I have heard about him is positive,” said Robles to AFP.
“His experience, quality and leadership is so valuable to us and it will give us a big boost this season. It is incredible to play alongside a guy with his characteristics and he is a positive impact to all of us,” Robles added.
Possible debut against Nashville
Robles said that Matuidi’s arrival in the MLS is as big as Thierry Henry’s when he joined New York Red Bulls in 2010. “When I heard about Inter Miami signing Matuidi, I thought about the time Henry came to the MLS.”
“In 2012 there were big names in the Red Bulls like Henry, Márquez and Tim Cahill. All those players left a footprint in the league and they helped us to be better as a team in their time at the MLS. Henry really understood his role in the team and even though he was one of the biggest figures in the league, he would help the young players and give us advice.”
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston