Zack Steffen is ready to make his debut with Manchester City
Manchester City’s manager Pep Guardiola named Steffen as the team’s second goalkeeper ahead of the 2020/21 season after Claudio Bravo’s departure.
Zack Steffen has been named Manchester City’s second goalkeeper ahead of the 2020/21 Premier League season. The United States goalkeeper was sold to City in December 2018 in an historic transfer for MLS team Columbus Crew. Since Claudio Bravo exited the team this summer, Pep Guardiola decided to put the American behind first choice keeper Ederson
Experience in European football
The 25-year-old goalkeeper has experience in Europe after making 17 appearances on loan for Fortuna Dusseldorf last season. After a great season in the Bundesliga, Manchester City bought him for $6.60 million.
Steffen could make his first team debut in the EFL Carabao Cup on 24 September when City face the winner of the third round tie between Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. Since he arrived in England, Steffen has said many times that he wants to learn from the best so that he can improve and eventually become a regular starter. “My mentality since arriving in Manchester is to work hard, learn each day, improve and enjoy the experience,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | DAY 12 Tokyo Olympics: China lead as Japan and Great Britain climb
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Australia vs USA: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many Olympic medals does LeBron James have?