Cam Newton tests positive for coronavirus ahead of game against Kansas City
The New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton tested positive on Saturday morning ahead of their game against the Chiefs.
The Tennessee Titans were the first team to report positive cases of coronavirus earlier this week ahead of the beginning of week 4 of the National Football League (NFL). Due to further testing the NFL decided to postpone the game against Pittsburgh Steelers and it was rescheduled for 25 October.
Patriots second Covid-19 case
On Saturday morning ESPN reported the news that New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton tested positive for coronavirus ahead of their game against Super Bowl champions Kansas City Chiefs.
Immediately the league decided to suspend the game and it will be rescheduled for Monday or Tuesday. The Patriots will have to start Jarret Stidham or Brian Hoyer against the Chiefs. The New England team started mass Covid-19 testing and they confirmed that there were no more cases.
Te recomendamos en Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?