Atlético unhappy with Thomas and Arsenal's handling of move
The Spanish club expected to be formally contacted by the North London outfit ahead of enquiring about the Ghana international.
Arsenal secured a 50 million euro deal for Atlético Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey after meeting the buyout clause in the Ghanaian's contract.
The 27-year-old made 188 appearances across six seasons for Diego Simeone's side and helped lead Atleti to the Champions League Final in 2016.
Atlético Madrid were informed that the Ghana international was set to depart via LaLiga with neither Arsenal of the player himself contacting the Spanish side ahead of the news. Atleti maintain they had expected the 'Gunners' to establish contact given the cordial relationship that currently exists between both clubs.
The central player leaves for Arsenal having won a Europa League and UEFA Super Cup with Atleti but with a cloud hanging over the manner of his exit.
The move was confirmed minutes before the transfer deadline passed as Gunners midfielder Lucas Torreira moved in the opposite the direction on a season-long loan.
Atleti must now scour the market and will be allowed to bring in a replacement for the Ghanian with Levante's José Campaña the number 1 priority.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades