Impressive numbers for Moroccan League champions Raja Casablanca
Raja have been crowned champions of Morocco for the first time in seven years after a fierce battle that lasted until the final game of the season.
Raja of Casablanca managed to snatch the 2019-2020 league title out of the hands of their competitors in the last round of an exceptionally long season due to the Covid-19 pandemic that caused the halt of the competition.
Raja secured the title after they claimed a 2-1 victory over Difaâ Hassani El Jadidi Club while Wydad defeated FUS Rabat with the same score.
Raja managed to win their 12th title after finishing one point ahead of their fierce rival Wydad as they gained 60 points throughout 30 rounds in which they claimed 17 wins, drew in 9 games, and conceded 4 defeats.
The strongest defense
Raja defense has been the toughest this season, level with RS Berkane's defense as both conceded 23 goals during the whole season, while the team managed to maintain a clean sheet in 13 games thanks to their goalkeeper Anas Zniti who has had an exceptional season.
Having scored 43 goals, Raja's attack has been the second strongest in the league this season behind Wydad's, which found the net 52 times.
Raja's top scorer is Soufiane Rahimi who managed to score 10 times this season. Rahimi scored a very important and decisive brace against RS Berkane, that kept his team on top of the standings and helped them snatch the league title in the last round.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift