Ex-Liverpool, England defender Clyne rejoins Crystal Palace
Roy Hodgson handed Nathaniel Clyne 13 of his 14 England caps and the duo will be reunited at Crystal Palace.
Nathaniel Clyne has joined Crystal Palace on a short-term contract, returning for a second spell at Selhurst Park after eight years away.
Clyne was released by Liverpool, who he joined from Southampton in 2015, earlier this year.
The 29-year-old is reunited with Roy Hodgson, under whom he won 13 of his 14 England caps.
"I'm a London boy, this is where I grew up. I'm back home and all my family and friends are here," Clyne told the club's website.
"It's surreal being back, enjoying it and hopefully I can just crack on and enjoy my football again."
Palace have six points from their opening four Premier League matches, with victories over Southampton and Manchester United followed by back-to-back losses against Everton and Chelsea.
Clyne could make his second debut for the club against rivals Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August