Pellistri on Cavani praise: It's something unbelievable
Edinson Cavani is a fan of Uruguayan starlet Facundo Pellistri, who was thrilled by compliments from the Manchester United striker.
The Uruguayan attacking pair both signed for United on the final day of the transfer window.
Cavani is not yet available to play due to the need to quarantine, but Paris Saint-Germain's record goalscorer – who was a free agent - was quick to laud Pellistri.
He described the 18-year-old, who joined from Penarol, as "the typical South American footballer who has that mischievous nature to his game".
Riquelme rates "rascal" Pellestri
Meanwhile, Boca Juniors great Juan Roman Riquelme has described Pellistri as a "rascal" on the pitch.
Pellistri was asked of his response to such comments and told United's official website: "It's something unbelievable. It's fantastic to hear such comments from the players they were and are, as Cavani is going to be a team-mate of mine. I'm very glad and I'm happy to hear those comments."
Cavani was linked to a host of top clubs around the world before arriving at United, and Pellistri added: "I'm very happy [to be his team-mate] and hoping he arrives soon.
"Cavani is a very top player, so I think he will be a great player here also."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries