FIFA and PRO’s Inside Video Review prohibits MLS to transmit VAR communications
Major League Soccer was one of the first leagues to transmit the VAR communications with the referee but now they have been prohibited to do it.
Major League Soccer decided to be as transparent as possible with their fans by transmitting the communication between the referee and the VAR during the games. This decision was not welcomed by other leagues around the world and FIFA, alongside the PRO’s Inside Video Review have made MLS to stop showing it during the games.
According to American journalist Grant Wahl fans have not seen the communication between the referee and the VAR during the latest games because the MLS has been banned from doing so after FIFA’s investigation.
“Agreed! and yet from what I have heard, the authorities in Europe objected to Major League Soccer airing this transparency, which is why you haven’t seen it since on MLS broadcast,” Wahl tweeted.
Agreed—and yet from what I've heard, the authorities in Europe objected to MLS airing this transparency, which is why you haven't seen it since on MLS broadcasts. https://t.co/u4p67d1KYh— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) October 17, 2020
MLS wanted to prevent controversies
The idea behind Major League Soccer is to prevent any sort of controversies when the VAR made a decision during the games. The North American league wanted fans to know why the referee and the VAR came to the decision they made but all that will be stopped until further notice.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS