Bayern Munich coach says Alphonso Davies' form has dipped this year
Alphonso Davies had a breakthrough season last year and became arguably one of the best left-backs in the world, helping Bayern Munich to win the Champions League.
Alphonso Davies was one of Bayern Munich’s best players in the 8-2 victory over FC Barcelona in the quarter-finals of last season's UEFA Champions League. The Canadian left-back has been considered as one of the best left-backs in the world and even Real Madrid’s Marcelo praised the young Candian footballer.
Dip in form from Davies
If last year he was usually in Bayern’s starting XI, this season things have changed as coach Hansi Flick has opted to start Lucas Hernández in the majority of the games. When asked about the 19-year-old, Flick said his level dipped compared to last season.
“Alphonso’s form dropped a bit, but he gets all our support. We benefit from his pace, his energy. It’s important he gets back on track,” Flick told ESPN.
Davies helped Bayern Munich win the treble in the 2019-20 season, but this year he has only played 179 minutes in three appearances. The Canadian left back only played one minute in Bayern Munich’s last game when they defeated Arminia Bielefeld 4-1 in the Bundesliga.
“It is a bit normal to see a young player go through such a spell following an incredible season. We will support and help him,” added Flick.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7