Weston McKennie rejoins Juventus after testing negative for Covid-19
The United States international tested negative for covid-19 and is expected to be in the Juventus squad for their Champions League game against Barcelona.
Weston McKennie tested positive for coronavirus 11 days ago, but according to a statement from Juventus he tested negative in his latest test and has rejoined the team.
The United States international could join the squad that will face Barcelona this week for the UEFA Champions League.
“Weston McKennie carried out, as per protocol, the check with a diagnostic test (swab) for coronavirus. The exam showed a negative result. The player has therefore recovered and is no longer subject to home isolation,” read the Juventus statement.
McKennie didn’t play against Verona
The 22-year-old was cleared on Friday, so was able to rejoin the Juventus squad that faced Verona on Sunday, a game which ended in a 1-1 draw. Now the team from Turin will host FC Barcelona on 28 October for matchday 2 of Group G of the UEFA Champions League.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who also tested positive for coronavirus a few weeks ago, remains a doubt for the game. The Portuguese superstar is asymptomatic, but he hasn’t been cleared to rejoin the team. It is expected that he will be tested a day before the game to see if he can play against Barcelona or not.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill