Gio Reyna makes his first start in the Champions League
Borussia Dortmund defeated Zenit 2-0 and Gio Reyna was part of the starting XI for the first time in the UEFA Champions League in matchday 2.
Borussia Dortmund defeated Zenit 2-0 at Signal Iduna Park on matchday 2 of the group stage of the UEFA Champions League -- a game which will long live in Giovanni Reyna’s memory as it was the first time he started a game in Europe’s premier tournament.
Coach Lucien Favre opted to put the United States international in the starting XI and in the 84th minute he was replaced by Jude Bellingham with the game pretty much in the bag for Dortmund.
Reyna an important player for Favre this season
It was the second appearence in the tournament for Reyna as he came in the second half in Dortmund's 3-1 defeat to Lazio on matchday 1, where the 17-year-old gave the assist to Haaland for Dortmund's only goal of the game.
This season Borussia Dortmund has played eight games in all competitions and Gio Reyna has been part of the starting XI on six occasions. In those appearances the 17-year-old has provided five assists and two goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds