Simona Halep tests positive for coronavirus
World number two Simona Halep is self-isolating at home after returning a positive test for Covid-19. She has developed mild symptoms of the virus.
Simona Halep has confirmed she has tested positive for coronavirus. The world number two is isolating at home after developing mild symptoms of the virus.
"Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I tested positive for COVID-19," Halep wrote on Twitter. "I am self-isolating at home and am recovering well from mild symptoms. I feel good... we will get through this together."
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I tested positive for COVID-19. I am self-isolating at home and am recovering well from mild symptoms. I feel good... we will get through this together— Simona Halep (@Simona_Halep) October 31, 2020
Halep's most recent appearance at French Open
Halep has not played since an emphatic 6-1 6-2 defeat to eventual champion Iga Swiatek in the round-of-16 at the French Open. The 29-year-old, who did not compete at the US Open, won three consecutive Tour titles straddling the break in the season caused by the pandemic. The rescheduled Linz Open, the only Tour event taking place in November following the cancellation of the WTA Finals in Shenzhen, is due to begin on 8 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong