Alphonso Davies ranks among top 10 most expensive players in the world
Alphonso Davies has seen his market value grow to €133.5 million in the latest CIES football observatory valuations to put him in the world's top ten.
Alphonso Davies had a breakthrough season last year and became arguably one of the best left-backs in the world, helping Bayern Munich to win the Champions League.
While last year he was usually in Bayern’s starting XI, this season things have changed as coach Hansi Flick has opted to start Lucas Hernández in the majority of the games. When asked about the 20-year-old, Flick said his level dipped compared to last season.
Davies suffered an ankle injury in Bayern Munich’s match day 5 of the Bundelisga and he is expected to return in 5-6 weeks. Currently he is in rehabilitation but there is some good news for the 20-year-old.
100 million dollar footballer
On 3 November the CIES Football Observatory released its biannual transfer value list and ranked Alphonso Davies in the top 10. The Canadian is in the No. 9 position with a value of €133.5 million. Davies is the youngest footballer in the top 20 ahead of Erling Haaland, who is in No.15.
In the No. 1 position is Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappé, who has an estimated worth of $393 million. The World Cup winner is still very young and his contract with PSG ends in 2023, with speculation that Real Madrid will sign him next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax