US ELECTION 2020
Van Jones brought to tears after Joe Biden wins US election
The CNN political commentator has not hidden his desire to see the back of Donald Trump, and the news of this becoming reality really hit home with him and viewers.
After Joe Biden was called as the 46th President of the United States, there were emotional reactions across the country and throughout the world. This was an election that mattered more than most to many people, shown in one sense by the voter turnout. But one live response, by CNN’s Van Jones, really hit home.
Van Jones in tears over Biden win
For the last few evenings millions of people tuning into CNN have listened to the views of political commentator Van Jones, and he was clearly desperate to see the end of the Donald Trump administration in the White House.
So when the news came that Biden was indeed the President-elect, Jones was unable to hold back his emotions, bringing him to tears in front of a live global audience.
One line that has been repeated many times on social media since the clip went viral was: “It's easier to be a parent this morning… to tell your kids character matters.”
Joe Biden had already secured the popular vote across America and now has had the Electoral College vote called in his favour. His win sees Kamala Harris become the first woman and the first person of color to take the vice-presidency. They will address the nation at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US ECONOMY Third stimulus relief bill: will there be student loan forgiveness?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check, $1,400, coronavirus and latest US news live
- CORNELLÀ VS BARCELONA Cornellà 0-2 Barcelona, Copa del Rey: result, summary and goals
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: when could it arrive after Biden becomes President?
- US NEWS What's Joe Biden promised to do on his first 100 days in government?