Wales 0-0 USA: FIFA international friendly
Six players masde their debut for the United States men's national team in the scoreless draw against Wales at the Liberty stadium and another clean sheet for Zac Steffen.
The United States and Wales ended up in a scoreless draw on Thursday night at the Liberty stadium. Six players from the USMNT made their debut and Zac Steffen got another clean sheet as the team prepares to face Panama on Monday in Austria for the end of November FIFA’s international break.
The United States had control of the ball the entire game with 61% of the possession, but since there were a lot of new faces in this young team, they had a hard time finding that chemistry. Everything else was there for the United States who showed a lot of intensity and high tempo during the entire game.
In the first half there were a few shots on goal and the most clear action came from Konrad de la Fuente who volleyed the ball into the sky and over the goal in a clear chance to open up the score before the half.
Wales with a clear shot on goal
Even though the USMNT had the majority of possession of the ball during the 90 minutes, an counter attack from Wales could’ve changed the score. In the 63 minute, Brennan Johnson received a pass from Lawrence inside the penalty area and Zac Steffen came out brilliantly to block the shot and keep the clean sheet.
The referee didn’t add any stoppage time and the USMNT completed 545 passes in a very good performance in their first match since February. Head coach Gregg Berhalter must be satisfied by the young Americans who were not afraid to be aggressive and show attitude in their first appearance with the national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?