USA election results in North Carolina: who has won electoral college and popular?
President Donald Trump won the race over Joe Biden with more than 98% of the votes reported. All major networks including AP have called the state now.
Trump won North Carolina in 2016 and forecasts predict he will claim victory again once all votes are counted. But, indeed, nothing is a certainty in the state, where mail ballots postmarked by Election Day are accepted until 12 November.
NC has been one by a Democratic candidate on just two occasions since the state swung red in 1968 - Jimmy Carter in 1976 and Barack Obama in 2008.
North Carolina popular vote result
Of the more than 5.5 million votes reported in North Carolina, here is how the popular vote has gone so far:
Donald Trump (Rep): 2,754,822 votes (50.0%) - projected winner
Joe Biden (Dem): 2,681,124 votes (48.6%)
Jo Jorgensen (Lib): 48,576 votes (0.9%)
In 2016 in North Carolina, Trump beat Hillary Clinton, taking 2,362,631 votes (49.83%), while Clinton secured 2,189,316 votes (46.17%).
North Carolina electoral college result
The winner of North Carolina will take 15 electoral college votes. As things stand overall, Joe Biden is leading with 248 electoral college votes, with Trump on 214.
US Elections: AS live coverage
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?