Mbappé to miss out on Cristiano Ronaldo meeting with France
Kylian Mbappé has been ruled out of France's Nations League game against Portugal, denying the PSG forward the chance to lock horns with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Kylian Mbappé has been ruled out of France’s Nations League clash with Portugal at the Estádio da Luz on Saturday. The PSG forward was included in Didier Deschamps’ squad for the double-header against Portugal and Sweden despite carrying a muscle injury sustained against Nantes in Ligue 1 and has been definitely ruled out of the top-of-the-table clash in Lisbon, where a match-up with his childhood idol Cristiano Ronaldo was waiting.
Mbappé in reserve if Les Bleus need result against Sweden
According to Le Parisien, Mbappé remains in contention for the game against Sweden next Tuesday but will be only be risked if qualification for the Nations League finals is still at stake. Reigning champions Portugal and France are neck-and-neck at the top of Group A3 on 10 points each, with two fixtures remaining.
Mbappé picked up the issue during Ligue 1 action on 31 October and PSG made their concerns plain to Deschamps with Thomas Tuchel’s squad hit hard by coronavirus positives and injuries. PSG are due to play Monaco on 20 November, just three days after France’s meeting with Sweden.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped