Raúl Jiménez & Antuna, Mexico’s top scorers under Martino
Both players scored in Mexico's 3-2 win over South Korea subsequently becoming top scorers in the Gerardo Martino reign.
Raúl Jiménez and Uriel Antuna scored a goal each in Mexico’s victory over South Korea in the first exhibition match of the November international break. Both players have become the top scorers in the time that Gerardo Martino took the coaching job back in January 2019.
In the 67th minute striker from Wolverhampton scored the first goal of the game for Mexico to equalize the game 1-1 and three minutes later the Chivas winger gave El Tri the lead. Mexico ended up defeating South Korea 3-2 with defender Carlos Salcedo scoring the third and last goal in the 70th minute.
Raúl Jiménez: leading marksman
The 29-year-old has scored a total of 10 goals under coach Gerardo Martino and he has become the top striker for the national team. Raúl Jiménez scored twice against Cuba and Panama, and once against Chile, Martinique, Haiti, Costa Rica, Netherlands and South Korea.
Uriel Antuna has scored a total of 8 goals under coach Gerardo Martino. The Chivas winger scored a hat-trick against Cuba, and once against Canada, United States, Bermuda and South Korea.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win