Nashville: first debuting franchise to win playoff game since 1998
On Friday 20 November the 2020 Major League Soccer Playoffs started and Nashville scored three goals to defeat another debuting franchise, Inter Miami.
The 2020 MLS Playoffs started on Friday 20 November and saw Nashville SC defeat Inter Miami 3-0 with Randall Leal, Hany Mukhtar and Dax McCarty on the scoresheet. This was Nashville’s first-ever playoff win in their debut season in Major League Soccer.
Historic playoff victory
The last time a debuting franchise won their first-ever playoff game was back in 1998 when Chicago Fire made history. In that year the team from Illinois won the MLS Cup and the US Open Cup and they were the first franchise to win it all in the history of the league in their debut season.
“I am really happy with the way we started the game. We started really brightly, got just a fantastic goal from Randall (in the 14th minute) and that gave us the confidence to set us on our way,” said veteran Dax McCarty who scored the last goal of the game.
Nashville SC made a late push (4-1-2) to qualify for the playoffs in the last games of the regular season and now the Boys in Gold will move on the second round of playoffs to face Toronto on Tuesday 24 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift