Sergiño Dest has to step up after injuries to Pique and Sergi Roberto
Barcelona confirmed the injuries of Gerard Pique and Sergi Roberto, with both players set for several months on the sidelines.
Barcelona lost more than three points against Atletico Madrid on Saturday at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium. Gerard Pique injured his knee in the second half and he will be out for at least six months, while Sergi Roberto couldn’t finish the game due to a hamstring injury.
“Tests performed this Sunday on Sergi Roberto have shown that he has a rupture in the femoral rectus of his right thigh,” the club announced. “The approximate time he will be out is two months.
LATEST NEWS‼️— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) November 22, 2020
Tests performed this Sunday on @SergiRoberto10 have shown that he has a rupture in the femoral rectus of his right thigh. The approximate time he will be out is two months. pic.twitter.com/hnG6QOVulq
“Tests carried out this Sunday on Gerard Pique have shown that he has a grade three sprain in the internal lateral ligament and partial injury to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The evolution of the injury will condition his availability.”
Sergiño Dest will be the replacement
With both injuries confirmed it is time for Serginõ Dest to step up in defense. Since arriving at Barcelona this summer the United States international has made five appearances in LaLiga for a total of 244 minutes. With Roberto’s injury it is likely that coach Ronald Koeman will give Dest the opportunity as Barcelona’s right back.
In the UEFA Champions League Sergiño Dest has made a total of two appearances in three games. The 20-year-old played 90 minutes in both games and he seems to be adapting well with Barcelona's playing style.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?