“It is not the moment to let fans inside the stadium” - Miguel Herrera
The coach of Club América stated that he loves to see people in the stadium supporting their team, but the timing is not right ahead of the game against Chivas.
The governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro, has allowed Chivas to open its doors at 15% capacity for ‘El Clásico Nacional’ on Wednesday night at the Akron stadium for the first leg of the quarter-final. This will be the only game that will have people in their venue for the quarterfinals of the 2020 Guardianes playoffs.
“It’s not the moment”
The head coach of Club América, Miguel Herrera, loves to see people in the stands supporting their teams, but due to the increased number of cases in Mexico in the past weeks, it is not the right time to let people inside the stadiums.
“Football players love to feel the support of the fans, but it is not the moment to let a lot of people inside a stadium. I mean the Akron stadium is very big and I think limiting the capacity at 15 percent is good if that is the decision the authorities have taken. Even though it is going to be nice to see some fans, I still think it is not the moment to start opening doors,” said Herrera during an interview with TUDN.
Club América wanted the game to be played behind closed doors and they used their Twitter account to start the hashtag #QuedateEnCasa (StayAtHome). ‘Las Águilas’ will not stay in a bubble during the playoffs, unlike Pumas who will remain quarantined, because according to Miguel Herrera his players don’t like to feel trapped.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live