Chelsea, Sevilla, Juve and Barcelona seal last 16 places
Four clubs have sealed a spot on the Round of 16 draw with two games remaining in their respective qualifying groups.
Juventus progressed to the Champions League last 16 after a Cristiano Ronaldo goal and a stoppage-time header from substitute Alvaro Morata gave them a comeback 2-1 home win over Hungarians Ferencvaros on Tuesday.
The result left Juve second in Group G on nine points from four games, three behind leaders Barcelona who also booked a knockout-stage berth with a 4-0 win at Dynamo Kyiv.
Group E progress decided
Earlier in the evening Sevilla also reached the Champions League knockout stages with two games to spare after a stoppage-time goal by Munir El Haddadi snatched a 2-1 win at Krasnodar in the Group E clash on Tuesday.
The result left Europa League holders Sevilla second in the group on 10 points from four games, behind leaders Chelsea on goal difference and nine ahead of Krasnodar and Stade Rennais.
Chelsea also made the last 16 after an added-time header from Olivier Giroud gave them a 2-1 win at Rennes.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes