Vinicius deserves better treatment from Zidane
True to their nature, Real Madrid did more in a tough game than in the supposedly easy ones. They sorted themselves out in Seville and won, through Vinicius, who if he’s not a goalscorer he’s a specialist in provoking own goals. A deserved prize for his insistent football, full of ambition - which sets him apart from Rodrygo and let’s not talk about Asensio at this point. Yesterday he was involved in all Madrid’s dangerous moves, which weren’t that many, but enough to beat a disappointing Sevilla, who lacked spark, making Wednesday’s huge squad rotation totally pointless.
Zidane has opened an emergency parachute
With this win Zidane pulled the rip chord on an emergency parachute that will last him till Wednesday, and with luck till Saturday, when they welcome Atleti, who won again, against Valladolid, and remain six points ahead of Madrid having played a game less. Luis Suárez was back, recovered from covid-19, but the goals were scored by Lemar, who’s starting to play as we know he can, and Llorente, the midfielder turned into lethal striker by Simeone. A superb move from Cholo. Llorente has become a serious offensive asset in a team that with him, João Félix, the contributions of Correa and the fire of Suárez is finally falling in love with attacking.
Cádiz beat Barcelona: 2-1
But the main dish of the day was served up in the stadium that still goes by the name of Carranza*, with Cádiz’s 2-1 victory over Barcelona. The Cádiz of head coach Álvaro Cervera, with a meager budget and watertight tactics. They were tight at the back, had studied Barcelona’s abilities in-depth and had rare, but opportune attacks. They punished two mistakes at the back from Barcelona and had none of their own, unless we count the unfortunate deflection from Alcalá that sent Alba’s cross into the net. After two wins in Europe without Messi, a domestic defeat with him, leaving his brow still furrowed. Koeman, meanwhile, looks out at everything he surveys dejected and incredulous. Barcelona are 12 points behind Atleti, having played the same number of games.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?