Barcelona: More problems for Koeman as Dembélé picks up injury
Barcelona issued a medical report on Sunday to inform that tests conducted on the French winger showed he has an elongated right hamstring.
Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Cádiz will be a difficult one for Barcelona to digest for several reasons. Apart from the result, which distances the team from the top places in the table (12 points behind Atlético Madrid), there was the poor images the side gave, the catalogue of errors which led to Cádiz's second goal and a fresh injury to Ousmane Dembélé.
The French forward left the Ramón de Carranza with an elongated right hamstring. While it cannot be described as a serious injury, it is yet another muscular problem in the same zone where he has had a high number of injuries ad relapses. The estimated recovery time for such an injury is around two weeks.
❗ COMUNICADO MÉDICO | Dembélé— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona_es) December 6, 2020
Las pruebas realizadas han mostrado que el jugador francés tiene una elongación en los isquiotibiales del muslo derecho
🔗 Todos los detalles: https://t.co/cUDo0dV9du pic.twitter.com/vzjt6PHbRz
Dembélé could miss four games
The club has confirmed that Dembélé will miss Tuesday's game against Juventus and it looks likely that he will also sit out the league matches against Levante, Real Sociedad and Valencia. It's another setback for Koeman, as the player had appeared to be back showing his best form and apparently put his bad luck with injuries behind him.
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What did Justice Brett Kavanaugh say in the Supreme Court abortion law hearing?
- NFL Colts vs Cardinals on 2021 Christmas Day tickets: price and where to buy
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?
- SOCCER Everton vs Liverpool live online: Premier League 2021/22
- MLS Carlos Vela to return to LAFC for the 2022 MLS campaign
- NBA Suns outshine Warriors and Curry accepts responsibility