Only Messi and Ramos for LaLiga in IFFHS ideal XI 2020
The Real Madrid and Barcelona stars were the sole representatives from the Spanish top flight as Bayern and Liverpool dominate the positions.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has once again made it into the 2020 ideal eleven of the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History & Statistics). This time, however, the Spanish defender is one of only two LaLiga representatives, along with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.
Bayern and Liverpool dominate
There are two clubs that take seven of the XI, Bundesliga and European Champions, Bayern Munich, and Premier League winners, Liverpool. Those included from the German giants are Neuer, Davies, Kimmich and Lewandowski.
The Reds can boast having Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold in the side, while the two clubs can jointly make a claim for Thiago Alcántara who has split his time between the two in 2020.
The rest of the line-up sees Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo joining the attack and David de Bruyne from Manchester City in midfield. According to the organisation, the man to lead this team would be Bayern’s all conquering side, Hans Flick.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59