Only Messi and Ramos for LaLiga in IFFHS ideal XI 2020
The Real Madrid and Barcelona stars were the sole representatives from the Spanish top flight as Bayern and Liverpool dominate the positions.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has once again made it into the 2020 ideal eleven of the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History & Statistics). This time, however, the Spanish defender is one of only two LaLiga representatives, along with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.
Bayern and Liverpool dominate
There are two clubs that take seven of the XI, Bundesliga and European Champions, Bayern Munich, and Premier League winners, Liverpool. Those included from the German giants are Neuer, Davies, Kimmich and Lewandowski.
The Reds can boast having Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold in the side, while the two clubs can jointly make a claim for Thiago Alcántara who has split his time between the two in 2020.
The rest of the line-up sees Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo joining the attack and David de Bruyne from Manchester City in midfield. According to the organisation, the man to lead this team would be Bayern’s all conquering side, Hans Flick.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?