Qatar to participate in European qualifiers for World Cup 2022
UEFA has invited Qatar to participate in Group A of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers as a guest.
UEFA has invited 2022 World Cup host country Qatar to participate in the European qualifiers for the tournament.
The Qatari national team will play in Group A with Portugal, Serbia, Rep. of Ireland, Luxemburg, and Azerbaijan. Regardless of the group's outcome, Qatar will qualify as the host country which is why the results of their matches and the points earned by the team will be disregarded.
The president of the Qatari Football Association Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani expressed his happiness with Qatar's participation in the European qualifiers, which will grant the national team an opportunity to boost their level by facing strong European rivals, including UEFA Nations League and Euro 2016 Champions, Portugal.
"Our national team has made several important achievements, especially winning the 2019 AFC Asian Cup," he said, noting that the Qatari side will keep working at all levels to improve the performance of the national team ahead of the 2022 World Cup, which will mark the first time that the tournament will be held Middle East.
Al-Ennabi participated in last year's Copa América and are set to be part of next year's edition as well, in addition to their foreseen participation in the Concacaf Gold Cup, which is considered the most significant national team championship organized by The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football .
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series