Destiny 2 on PS5 & Xbox Series S: how to download, upgrade and update
After previously being available on next-gen consoles through backwards compatability a new patch makes the most of their enormous processing power to offering a more immersive gaming experience.
As sales of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S continue to soar in the build-up to Christmas a number of immensely popular titles have received a bit of a touch-up to make the most of the new consoles’ greater potential. Destiny 2, the free-to-play online multiplayer developed by Bungie, is the latest to benefit from a next-gen upgrade.
What’s new in the Destiny 2 update?
The new generation of consoles has considerably greater processing power than previous iterations, allowing for significant upgrade in a number of areas. Gameplay is now conducted in 4K on both the Xbox and PlayStation versions, with a framerate of 60fps and 120hz crucible support.
Loading Times – The hardware improvements on the latest consoles mean that load time is significantly reduced. The game is quicker to load a new location and navigating menus is noticeably snappier. With so much more processing power the general performance of the game is improved with better responsiveness for players.
Field of View Slider - For the first time players will be able to alter their Field of View, offering the range of in-game perspectives that was previously reserved for those on PC.
Cross Save – Since the game was first released in 2017 plenty of hours will have been ploughed into Destiny 2, but you can take all that hard work with you thanks to Cross Save. Even if you’re trading an Xbox One for a PS5, you won’t lose any of your saved data.
How to download the Destiny 2 upgrade
For Xbox Series S users this process could not be easier. Microsoft’s Smart Delivery programme ensure that your console will automatically download the upgrade. If you already have the Xbox One version of the game installed on your Series S it will be downloaded as a patch, although that will essentially be a whole new game file.
Xbox Series X|S optimisations for Destiny 2 arrive on December 8th 🙌— Xbox UK (@xboxuk) November 25, 2020
🌀 Faster loading times
✨ 4K Ultra HD
📺 60FPS with up to 120FPS in Crucible
⚡️ Quick resume
🎮 Smart Delivery
📷 FOV Slider
🤝 Cross-gen play
did we mention it's free to download on @XboxGamePassUK 😏 pic.twitter.com/PrtLkSLIiy
For PlayStation 5 users it’s a bit trickier. There is no easy, one-size-fits-all method here so you may have to try a couple of different options before you get the PS5 update safely in your library.
- Method One – If you already have the PS4 version, find the Destiny 2 tile in the Game Library, press Options, and then select ‘View Game’. That should take you to the PlayStation Store page for the PS4 version, and from there you can bring up the three dots menu with an option to upgrade to either PS5 | Full | Destiny 2 or PS4 and PS5 | Full | Destiny 2.
- Method Two – If that fails, try searching for "Destiny 2" in the PlayStation Store on your PS5. It should return a product page called Destiny 2 PS4™ & PS5™. Select that result and it will take you to a page where you can initiate the download.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2