What happens if there is a draw between León and Pumas?
Pumas UNAM will visit Club León at the Nou Camp for the second leg of the final of the 2020 Guardianes tournament after drawing the first game at the Olímpico Universitario.
The first leg of the final between Pumas UNAM and Club Léon ended with a 1-1 draw at the Olímpico Universitario stadium on Thursday and they will play the second 90 minutes this Sunday. Pumas will have a tough task to lift the title at León's stadium.
According to the rules of the Liga MX, the team that wins the final will have to score the highest number of goals in the two legs. There is no away goal advantage in this stage of the 2020 Guardianes tournament, so if the game ends in a draw, they will need to go to over time and if necessary penalty kicks.
If there is a draw after the 90 minutes, both teams will be allowed to make a fourth substitution if necessary. The rules change in the wildcard round, quarter-finals and semifinals, because in case of a draw the highest seeded team advances to the next round.
Difficult task for Pumas
León is a very efficient and powerful side when they play at their own Nou Camp. The last time they lost at home was on 30 November 2019 against Morelia 2-1 for the quarter-finals of the Clausura tournament. León failed to advance to the semifinals and Ignacio Ambríz was already the head coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Real Madrid: Mbappé operation could cause a domino effect
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard rues missing out on 'leader' Rice
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid among list of clubs interested in 'frustrated' Kane
- PREMIER LEAGUE Watkins fires Villa in front
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid edge Barça in Clásicos won: 97-96
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard