Koeman accuses Riqui Puig of filtering dressing room secrets
Spanish daily El País reveal how the Dutch coach accused the 21-year-old player with leaking dressing room information at the start of the 2020/21 season.
El País journalist Juan Irigigoyen has revealed details of a damning accusation that was levelled by FC Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman at Riqui Puig at the start of the current season.
The head coach claimed: "You are the person leaking information" and aimed the accusation at the player from Matadepera in front of the entire Barça squad. The coach also followed up by omitting the central player from the squad list for Barcelona's first LaLiga clash of the campaign as they faced newly promoted Elche.
The El País report confirms the difficult relationship between the Dutchman and Puig. It was also reported that the player has been asked to 'toe the line' by some of the more seasoned players in the past with the view that the 21-year-old was getting too big for his boots The player has enjoyed complex relationships with his three coaches at the Catalan club with Valverde using him sparingly despite impressing on the US tour for the side. Setién initially fielded the player but succumbed to pressure from the club veterans and the relationship with Koeman is fraught with tension.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest