Setien: "Of course I would return to Barcelona"
Former Barcelona coach Quique Setién said he had no regrets after his torrid tenure at Camp Nou and described his experience as "extraordinary."
Quique Setién has said he would be prepared to return to Barcelona after an "extraordinary" experience at the helm of the LaLiga giants.
Setién took charge of Barça in January until the end of a miserable 2019-20 season, which the club finished without a trophy and were humiliated 8-2 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.
The 62-year-old, who sued the club, talked up his experience at Camp Nou and said he would be willing to return.
Setién over Barcelona "accident"
"The experience was extraordinary," Setien said. "It is true that we did not enjoy what we would have liked and with that illusion I went from the beginning. Of course I would return to Barcelona and I would never regret having gone, not at all."
Setien has been without a job since being sacked by Barcelona in August.
The former Real Betis and Las Palmas coach said he needed time after his sacking.
"I have already overcome the mourning that I had to go through for what happened in Barcelona," Setien said. "But this is an accident, one more that you take as part of your job."
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?