Salven Bilic appointed as Beijing head coach
The Chinese side announced the appointment of the Croatian as their coach after he was let go by Premier League club West Bromwich Albion last month.
Chinese club Beijing FC announced appointing the Slaven Bilic as their new manager. Bilic takes the reins from former coach Bruno Genesio, to lead the team during the 2021 AFC champions league campaign.
Bilic led his country's national team to qualify for 2008 and 2012 Euros before taking charge of Russia's Lokomotiv Moscow and Turkey's Besiktas.
He also had a lengthy spell with the Premier League club West Ham but the Croatian coach's most significant achievement was leading West Bromwich Albion back to the top tier of English football in the summer of 2019. He was released by the club last month following a disappointing run of results.
Bilic will be facing a new challenge in the Chinese Super League. He replaces French coach Bruno Genesio who had a disappointing campaign with the team last season as they finished the league season in third place and got knocked out of the AFC champions league quarter-finals by Ulsan Hyundai.
With fresh ambitions under their new coach, Beijing FC will be one of four teams representing China in this year's champions league edition along with Chinese league champions Jiangsu Suning, runners-up Guangzhou Evergrande and Chinese FA Cup winners Shandong Luneng.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'