Wijnaldum rejects Liverpool offer and puts pressure on Barça
The player wants to be a top earner at Liverpool. Barcelona are aware of the Dutch international's situation and head coach Ronald Koeman is a keen admirer.
Georginio Wijnaldum knows that, at 30 and on the verge of ending his contract with Liverpool in June, he has one final opportunity to sign one more lucrative contract. The coronavirus pandemic has made transfers more difficult for clubs in 2021, owing to the great financial losses involved over the past year.
The Dutch midfielder wants to continue at Anfield, according to sources in England, but also intends to become a top earner on Merseyside, something that Liverpool are reluctant to currently offer.
LaLiga giants Barcelona have been interested in the player for a long time. With Ronald Koeman in charge at Camp Nou, the Catalan club have more power in negotiations to convince him into moving. However, one must take into account the current financial situation at Barça, although an agreement in principle for a world-class player, who would arrive on a free is not out of the question.
The large wages involved in a deal for Wijnaldum, may be an issue, as the player rejected Liverpool's latest offer, one Barcelona may be unable to match.
According to SkySports, Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp, who has made him a regular starter in his side's starting eleven, wants him to stay at Anfield.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises