Real Madrid's Zidane rails at LaLiga: That wasn't a game of football
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane laid into LaLiga for not calling off Saturday's clash with Osasuna despite the weather conditions.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane criticised LaLiga's refusal to call off Saturday's goalless draw with Osasuna amid heavy snowfall in Spain, saying the clash should "clearly" have been postponed.
Zidane's post-match comments:
Assessment of the goalless draw:
“We did what we could out on the pitch; it wasn’t a great game of football.”
Should the match have been called off?
Unhappy at having to play:
“It’s very hard to play under these conditions, but in the end the decision was made that we should play and we all saw the match that we got. No [it wasn’t the right decision to play the game], but at the end of the day we have to do what we’re told.”
Reasons for anger:
“Yesterday, today… I don’t know whether we’ll return to Madrid on Monday, Tuesday… Today is day to get a few things said. I didn’t see a game of football tonight. But we’ll keep on going. We have a game on Wednesday and hopefully we’ll have the right conditions to play.”
Return to Madrid:
“We don’t know anything. We’ll stay here tonight and see if we can travel tomorrow, or on Monday. It is what it is. We’ll see what we can do tomorrow.”
What are you most annoyed about?
“The pitch, more than any complaints about being stuck on the plane for three hours. In my view, the right conditions weren’t there for us to play a game of football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?