Juventus confirms Weston McKennie will be available against Inter Milan
The United States international was replaced with Aaron Ramsey after 19 minutes in Juventus 3-1 victory against Sassuolo last weekend due to a possible injury.
Juventus confirmed that Weston McKennie doesn’t have a muscle injury and will be available for Sunday's Serie A game against Inter Milan. The United States international was replaced by Aaron Ramsey after 19 minutes in Juventus 3-1 victory against Sassuolo last weekend due to a possible muscle injury.
Juventus with more injuries
It is expected that McKennie will miss the Round of 16 Coppa Italia clash on 20 January against Genoa just as a precaution. After Monday’s medical examinations McKennie rejoined the group training ahead of their next match.
The 22-year-old has made a quick impact at Juventus since his arrival in the summer. In Serie A he has scored 2 goals, 2 assists in 13 appearances. The defensive midfielder has started in 9 games, substituted in 4 times and was left on the bench twice.
Another player that could be out for several weeks is Paulo Dybala, who also was replaced in the 42nd minute of the game against Sassuolo at the Allianz stadium. Juventus No 10 suffered a slight knee sprain and had to be replaced by Dejan Kulusevski.
The Argentine is expected to be out for 15 to 20 days due to the knee injury so he will not be available for the Serie A league game against Inter Milan on Sunday and the Supercoppa Final against Napoli on 20 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?