Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane tests positive for covid-19
The news was confirmed by the club on Friday morning, something that comes after a troubling time on the pitch for the French coach's side.
News broke on Friday morning in Spain that Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane had tested positive for covid-19.
Zidane covid-19 positive
The LaLiga club issued a statement via their Twitter account simply advising that the boss had contracted the virus. This now means that he will have to self isolate and will, therefore, miss the team's trip to Alavés for their league match on Saturday evening.
We await further information on whether the French coach is showing symptons and if there are others that have been in his company that need to also follow the strict health guidelines that are in place to reduce the spread of the disease.
Shortly after the announcement, Zidane's assistant, David Bettoni, spoke to the media ahead of the Alavés match and said that he had spoken to the boss earlier today. "The mister is feeling very well," he confirmed.
Bettoni also said that despite not being able to travel with the team, Zidane will still select the team and be responsible for the tactics.
Real Madrid news:
As fans and people in the footballing world heard the news break, kind messages were sent wishing him a speedy recovery.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history