Sergiño Dest to miss Barça Copa del Rey game through injury
The United States international has not played in FC Barcelona’s last three league games and will miss tomorrow’s clash against Sevilla.
Sergiño Dest arrived in Barcelona this summer and due to the early injuries of Sergi Roberto and Gerard Piqué, he was a regular starter for head coach Ronald Koeman. The 20-year-old has scored one goal and provided one assist in all competitions and he has settled rapidly to the style of play at Barça.
Out of cup tie through injury
Tomorrow FC Barcelona will visit Sevilla at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán for the first leg of the semi-final of the Copa del Rey. The team announced on Tuesday morning confirmed that Dest has a right thigh issue and will not be included in the squad for tomorrow's match.
Ready for PSG
The full-back has not played in Barcelona’s last three games and Koeman has placed Óscar Mingueza or Sergi Roberto to fill in at right-back. It appears that the head coach wants Dest ready to face Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League on 16 February.
"Sergiño is a case where we have tried and he has trained but he has always continued to have minor injuries in his right leg. So we said, ‘look you’re going to rest now and you have to wait until you’re 100 percent,” said Ronald Koeman.
"The injuries are there because several players are not well physically. This isn’t the time to take more risks. I think there are eight or nine players that are not available, but for any problem there is a solution,” Koeman confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Ceferin launches stinging attack on Florentino Pérez: "He is the president of nothing"
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE LaLiga title race resumes after big three burn bridges over Super League
- LALIGA Atlético Madrid go top of LaLiga
- SUPERLIGA Real Madrid facing punishment for Super League involvement
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- NBA Curry on record scoring streak: It was a special ride