Carlos Salcedo knows what it is like to beat Bayern Munich in a final
The Mexican defender has already won a final against the German giants when he was playing for Eintracht Frankfurt in the 2018 Pokal.
In 2017, Carlos Salcedo was sent on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt and as a result of an impressive season, the German club decided to pay Chivas $5 million to sign the player permanently for the 2018-2019 campaign. In his second year at Frankfurt, the team managed to qualify to the final of the DFB Pokal.
Eintracht Frankfurt had to beat Bayern Munich to lift the trophy and the Eagles accomplished the mission. Ante Rebic scored a brace and Mijat Gacinovic added another for the Eagles while Robert Lewandoski was on target for Bayern. In that game Carlos Salcedo was in the starting line-up for Frankfurt and played the entire match.
Eintracht Frankfurt defeated Bayern Munich 3-1 to win their fifth cup title at the Olympiastadion in Berlin. Now, with the 2020 Club World Cup final between Bayern and Tigres UANL set for tomorrow, Salcedo's former club has wished him luck.
“Salcedo in a final against Bayern Munich? We have seen that before and we remember how it ended. Best of luck Tigres UANL in the Club World Cup final,” wrote the Eagles in their Spanish Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest