Carlos Salcedo knows what it is like to beat Bayern Munich in a final
The Mexican defender has already won a final against the German giants when he was playing for Eintracht Frankfurt in the 2018 Pokal.
In 2017, Carlos Salcedo was sent on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt and as a result of an impressive season, the German club decided to pay Chivas $5 million to sign the player permanently for the 2018-2019 campaign. In his second year at Frankfurt, the team managed to qualify to the final of the DFB Pokal.
Eintracht Frankfurt had to beat Bayern Munich to lift the trophy and the Eagles accomplished the mission. Ante Rebic scored a brace and Mijat Gacinovic added another for the Eagles while Robert Lewandoski was on target for Bayern. In that game Carlos Salcedo was in the starting line-up for Frankfurt and played the entire match.
Eintracht Frankfurt defeated Bayern Munich 3-1 to win their fifth cup title at the Olympiastadion in Berlin. Now, with the 2020 Club World Cup final between Bayern and Tigres UANL set for tomorrow, Salcedo's former club has wished him luck.
“Salcedo in a final against Bayern Munich? We have seen that before and we remember how it ended. Best of luck Tigres UANL in the Club World Cup final,” wrote the Eagles in their Spanish Twitter account.
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?