Simeone: Atlético's Levante slip-up not down to title nerves
Atlético Madrid boss Diego Simeone rejected the notion the LaLiga leaders' draw with Levante came about as a result of nerves.
Diego Simeone does not believe Atlético Madrid's 1-1 draw at Levante was the result of nervousness at being favourites for the LaLiga title.
Atlético miss chance to go eight points clear at top of LaLiga
Atlético are six points clear of Real Madrid with a game in hand but they will be disappointed that the advantage is not eight after spurning several chances on Wednesday.
The visitors fell behind to Enis Bardhi's 17th-minute opener before Marcos Llorente levelled matters with a deflected long-range effort.
Simeone's men were in the ascendancy thereafter and Ángel Correa should have put them in front shortly after the second-half restart.
Atleti held by a good Levante side, says Simeone
However, he blazed over an open goal with a remarkable miss, but Simeone believes a point apiece was a fair outcome for two teams that will meet again on Saturday.
"No, I don't think it [being favourites] can generate nervousness," Simeone replied when asked if nerves were to blame.
"We find ourselves with a tough opponent who is doing things well. They have improved defensively, well organised and with good ball output.
"In the second half we came out well, we had very clear chances. A fair draw for two teams that played a good game.
"We didn't have to win and we could have lost it in the shot from the end from [Carlos] Clerc."
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother