Chivas and Pachuca draw in the last game of matchday 7
Raúl Gudiño stopped a penalty kick to give Chivas a point they desperately needed, but they failed to secure the three points against the worst team of the league.
Jesús Molina gave Chivas the advantage in the 29th minute of the game and they played their best football all season long during the first half. It seemed that the team from Guadalajara had everything under control and they were on their way to securing their second victory of the tournament to keep their playoff hopes up.
The problem with Chivas is that even though they usually have the majority of the possession, they fail to finish the opportunities they create on offense. Raúl Gudiño pulled off two amazing saves in the first half and Chivas returned to the locker room with a 1-0 lead.
Chivas caught off-guard
The second half started and Chivas was desperately looking to increase the lead. Jesús Ricardo Angulo crossed the ball for ‘JJ’ Macías and his header was blocked by Ustari. The home team had their opportunity in the 49th minute off a corner kick. The ball was headed to Gustavo Cabral as Chivas defenders were asking for a non-existent offside and he rifled the ball in to equalize the game.
Raúl Gudiño stopped a penalty kick that would’ve given the home team their first victory of the tournament and after 90 minutes each team earned a point. A rather disappointing result for Chivas as they played their best first half of the season against the worst team in the league. Guadalajara remains in 13th place with seven points and Pachuca in last with three.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth