Thierry Henry to stay in Major League Soccer... for now
Last week it was reported that Thierry Henry was to leave Montréal Impact to take the Bournemouth job, but the Championship team appointed another manager.
Bournemouth reportedly had officially requested permission from the Impact to talk with Thierry Henry about the managerial job at the Vitality Stadium for the remainder of the 2020/21 Championship season. The French manager was the top candidate for the job and a deal was supposed to be reached early this week.
New manager appointed
Jonathan Woodgate was appointed as the interim manager after the bosses parted ways with Jason Tindall earlier this month. The Cherries were looking to seal a deal with a new manager, but failed to find the right man for the job.
So on Monday the bosses decided that Woodgate will continue managing the team until the end of the current Championship season. Also they announced that Gary O’neil, who was a member of Liverpool’s coaching staff, will join Woodgate in hopes they make a late push to return to the Premier League by the end of the current campaign.
We're delighted to announce the appointment of Gary O'Neil to our coaching staff 🤝#afcb 🍒— AFC Bournemouth 🍒 (@afcbournemouth) February 23, 2021
This leaves Thierry Henry out of the picture and he will continue managing Montréal Impact ahead of the 2021 Major League Soccer season that is set to start in mid-April. In 2019 Henry signed a two-year deal with an option to extend it until the end of the 2023 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim