Pulisic returns in Chelsea’s victory against Atlético Madrid in the UCL
The United States international came in as substitute in Chelsea’s 1-0 victory against the LaLiga side for the first leg of the round of 16.
Christian Pulisic has been dealing with several injuries in his second year at Chelsea and that has prevented him from earning a starting role under new manager Thomas Tuchel. The United States international has only made 21 appearances in all competitions this season with two goals and one assist.
After missing three consecutive games and receiving the green light from the medical staff to return, Pulisic was included in the roster that traveled to Bucharest to face Atlético Madrid in the first leg of the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
The Premier League side took the victory thanks to a goal from Oliver Giroud and they will play the second leg on 17 March at Stamford Bridge. Thomas Tuchel previously spoke about Pulisic’s situation at Chelsea stating that he deserves to be a starter, but he has to be healthy in order to earn a spot.
On Wednesday, Chelsea’s No 10 only played three minutes after missing three consecutive games and he will have to earn Tuchel’s trust in order to gain more minutes. Pulisic has only started once since Thucel took the managerial job and it was in the FA Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA