Sergiño Dest believes Barcelona can still win LaLiga
FC Barcelona defeated Sevilla 2-0 on matchday 25 and they climbed up to second place with 53 points and thirteen games left in the season.
Sergiño Dest returned to the starting lineup in FC Barcelona’s 2-0 victory against Sevilla to climb up to second place of LaLiga on matchday 25. They now have a record of 16-5-4 with 53 points and thirteen games left in the season. Barça has one more game than Real Madrid, who are in third with 52 points, and two less than Atlético Madrid, who are in first with 55 points.
Ousmane Dembélé scored the first goal in the 29th minute and Lionel Messi sealed the victory in the 85th. After the victory on Saturday morning, Sergiño Dest believes that FC Barcelona are making a late push to win the league this year and the probabilities are high.
“I think it is really important because we still are in the race to win the league this year. Last time we lost against Sevilla and today (Saturday) we won our third game in a row, so this victory is very positive for the team. Now we have to face Sevilla again, but for the Copa del Rey and we have to win again,” said Dest.
Now FC Barcelona have to turn the page and focus on the same rival, but for the Copa del Rey. The team from Catalunya lost in the first leg 2-0 at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán and they have to overcome the aggregate to advance to the final of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands