Chivas earns first home win in the 2021 Guardianes tournament
The team from Guadalajara defeated Pumas UNAM 2-1 at the Akron stadium on matchday 8 to obtain their first three points at home in this tournament.
Chivas didn’t have a solid start in this 2021 Guardianes tournament, but they have finally found a way to win games. Last week they failed to obtain the three points against the worst team of the semester, and had to accept a 1-1 draw against Pachuca at the Hidalgo stadium.
For matchday 8 they wanted to bounce back against Pumas UNAM and pick up their first win at home in the tournament. Chivas were indeed able to recover and gave Pumas a back-to-back loss at the Akron stadium. The visiting team however scored first thanks to Gabriel Torres in the 14th minute of the first half.
The home team fought back and in the 28th minute Uriel Antuna gave a wonderful assist to ‘JJ’ Macías who fired the ball inside the box to level the game. Then they would hit again in the 37th minute and Alejandro Mayorga gave Chivas a 2-1 lead before the first half ended.
We have bagged in all three points! 🐐🇫🇷👊 pic.twitter.com/hH8Aen5gaO— Chivas English (@ChivasEN_) March 1, 2021
The team from Guadalajara was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and after 90 minutes held on to the 2-1 lead to earn three points and prepare for their next match. Chivas will go into a double header this week with a visit to Querétaro on matchday 9 on 3 March and three days later they will face Mazatlán. The team from Guadalajara is currently in 10th place with 10 points and a record of 2-4-2.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team