Hazard a major doubt for Sunday's Madrid derby vs Atleti
The Belgian winger along with Dani Carvajal played no role in the squad training as Zidane's side sets their focus on Sunday's Madrid derby.
Eden Hazard was diagnosed with a muscular injury on 3 February (his tenth significant setback in his time with Real Madrid) and hopes on seeing the Belgian train with the squad this morning ahead of Sunday's derby were dashed as the club's medics and rehabilitation staff spent the morning with the player in the Valdebebas gym.
Both the Belgian player and Dani Carvajal trained separately indoors and in the case of Hazard, it's far from a positive sign after he was involved in a high-tempo session just last Saturday that included sprinting and shooting practice. Zidane was hoping to be use the winger from the bench in Sunday's crucial league game at the Wanda Metropolitano against Atlético. At present, that ambition now looks optimistic given the Belgian not training fully with the first team squad.
Hazard: 13 games this season
Hazard missed the first derby of the season at Valdebebas, a game which Real Madrid ran out comfortable winners with goals from Casemiro and a Oblak og. The former Chelsea man has only managed thirteen games in the white shirt this season finding the net three times and yet to provide an assist. The latest set-back is another grey chapter in Hazard's spell as a Real Madrid player since his big money move from the Premier League side in 2019 for over 100 million euro.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?