Rogelio Funes Mori is victim of armed robbery
The CF Monterrey striker was at home with his family on Sunday night when he suffered an armed robbery by four men.
On Sunday CF Monterrey and Club Tijuana tied 1-1 in the last game of matchday eight of the 2021 Guardianes tournament at the BBVA stadium. After the game, 'Rayados' striker Rogelio Funes Mori returned home to be with his family and in the late hours of the night four burglars broke in and entered his residence.
Fortunately no one was injured in the armed robbery, but the thieves took money, jewelry and other items. After the burglars left, Funes Mori called the police who showed up to do a report and look for the thieves that took his belongings.
Awaiting a call from Gerardo Martino
It is not all bad news for Funes Mori, because he is about to complete his naturalization process to become a Mexican citizen. Once his procedure is completed, he will be eligible to play for Mexico’s men's national team.
Mexico’s manager Gerardo Martino is expected to call Funes Mori up to face Costa Rica and Wales later this month for the FIFA international break. Since Raúl Jiménez is still recovering from his head injury, Martino believes Funes Mori is the right man for the job.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?