Los Angeles FC favourites to win 2021 MLS Cup
According to the current odds from BetMGM, the team entering this senior year in Major League Soccer are the early favourites to win the championship.
Los Angeles FC have been one of the top candidates to win the MLS Cup since they entered the league in 2018. They have fallen short in their last three years, but they were able to win the 2019 Supporters Shield. This year is no different and according to the BetMGM, the official gaming partner of the league this year, LAFC are the early favourites to win the 2021 MLS Cup.
Current odds prior to the beginning of the season
Los Angeles FC had a disappointing season in 2020 and they were eliminated early in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs. Even though they didn’t perform well during the entire Major League Soccer season, they had an impressive spell in the CONCACAF Champions League.
This was the first time they played an international tournament, advancing to the final before losing to Tigres UANL. Due to how strong they performed in the Champions League, BetMGM gave LAFC +500 odds. In second place is Seattle Sounders (+800) and in third place is Columbus Crew (+900).
The 2021 Major League Soccer season is set to start on 17 April. All 27 teams this year have started their pre-season camp to prepare for the league’s 26th campaign. Due to the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, the full schedule of the regular season is not yet known.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future