Everyone has to worry about Club América - Federico Viñas
Club América striker, Federico Viñas, sends a message to Chivas prior to facing each other in Mexico’s biggest football rivalry.
On Sunday, Chivas host Club América at the Akron stadium on Matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament in another edition of ‘El Super Clásico.’ This is Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and the Eagles arrive at this game being in second place just two points behind Cruz Azul, while the team from Guadalajara is making a late playoff push to qualify for a second consecutive tournament.
América the team to beat
América defeated Club León last weekend with a last minute goal from Federico Viñas, who scored for the first time in five months. After that match the striker was already thinking about the clash against Chivas and he said that everyone should be worried about América.
“We [América] are in great shape and that is why we are in second place after 10 games. We didn’t give our best version against León, but this club doesn’t give up until the referee blows the whistle,” said Viñas. “Every club has to worry about América.”
"We are going to win"
Viñas has faced Chivas on three occasions since arriving to the Eagles last year and he knows that these games are played differently because of the rivalry that exists between both clubs. “The ‘Super Clásicos’ are played differently because it doesn’t matter who plays better, it only matters if you win and we are going to win on Sunday,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth