Everyone has to worry about Club América - Federico Viñas
Club América striker, Federico Viñas, sends a message to Chivas prior to facing each other in Mexico’s biggest football rivalry.
On Sunday, Chivas host Club América at the Akron stadium on Matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament in another edition of ‘El Super Clásico.’ This is Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and the Eagles arrive at this game being in second place just two points behind Cruz Azul, while the team from Guadalajara is making a late playoff push to qualify for a second consecutive tournament.
América the team to beat
América defeated Club León last weekend with a last minute goal from Federico Viñas, who scored for the first time in five months. After that match the striker was already thinking about the clash against Chivas and he said that everyone should be worried about América.
“We [América] are in great shape and that is why we are in second place after 10 games. We didn’t give our best version against León, but this club doesn’t give up until the referee blows the whistle,” said Viñas. “Every club has to worry about América.”
"We are going to win"
Viñas has faced Chivas on three occasions since arriving to the Eagles last year and he knows that these games are played differently because of the rivalry that exists between both clubs. “The ‘Super Clásicos’ are played differently because it doesn’t matter who plays better, it only matters if you win and we are going to win on Sunday,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher