Can PSG's Neymar play against Barcelona?
Although they take a healthy lead into the Round of 16 second leg, Paris Saint-Germain were hoping to have their talented Brazilian in their squad for Messi and co.
Despite the fact that he was expected to be named in the PSG squad for the French team's second leg encounter with Barcelona, Neymar has been ruled out of Wednesday's crunch clash.
No Neymar for Barcelona visit
The Brazilian has not fully recovered from the abductor injury he suffered a month ago against Caen and Les Parisiens do not want to take any risks with the forward.
It will be the third round of 16 tie that Neymar has missed in the four years he has been in Paris. The first was against Real Madrid, in which he did not play the second leg, followed by Manchester United in 2019 and finally Barcelona in 2021.
Although PSG are favourites to advance to this year's quarter-finals after winning 4-1 in Camp Nou, the French outfit have never won a round of 16 tie without Neymar since he signed in 2017.
Neymar, Bernat and Kean out for UCL
As reported by PSG in a statement, the 29-year-old will continue to recover individually and a new opinion regarding his injury will be determined in the coming days. The former Barça forward is the third confirmed casualty for tomorrow's match, with Bernat and Moise Kean both being ruled out.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it