Chelsea and Timo Werner prepared to call it quits
Timo Werner has had an underwhelming first season in England and may quit Stamford Bridge less than 12 months after signing from Leipzig.
Timo Werner's unproductive spell at Chelsea may be drawing to a close after just one season. The Germany international signed from RB Leipzig last summer for a fee of around €50m but has largely underwhelmed with five goals from 27 Premier League appearances.
Werner eyeing Chelsea exit
Football Insider reports Werner is prepared to quit Chelsea less than 12 months into a bumper five-year contract.
Werner netted 28 Bundesliga goals for RB Leipzig in 2019-20 but that return has drastically fallen since moving to London.
It is said there is a growing expectation that Werner will leave in the next year or two, despite the arrival of countryman Thomas Tuchel, which has led to a slight upturn in form.
Varane to leave Madrid?
- Manchester City forward Sergio Agüero has been offered a contract by Barcelona, according to TyC Sports. City have publicly declared they will not make a call on off-contract Aguero's future until the close season.
- AS reports that Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for French centre-back Raphael Varane this close season. It is claimed he is interested in playing in the Premier League.
- Milan are keen to sign 22-year-old PSV forward Donyell Malen, according to Calciomercato. This is despite the probable renewal of veteran Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Bild reports that Wolfsburg coach Oliver Glasner is ready to quit his post amid a breakdown in his relationship with sporting director Jorg Schmadtke, with Borussia Monchengladbach a potential new home with Marco Rose to depart for Borussia Dortmund.
Recommended in English
- BOXING WBC orders Tyson Fury to defend title against Dillian Whyte
- NFL How does Mac Jones' first year compare to Tom Brady's first year?
- NFL Washington's Fitzpatrick needs hip surgery, out rest of season
- NBA The NBA will restrict unvaccinated player travel
- NBA Who are the NBA's all-time leaders in triple-doubles?
- MLB Will Barry Bonds get into the MLB Hall of Fame? Why isn't he in already?