Ex-Liverpool and Betis winger Mark González suffers heart attack
Maura Rivera, wife of the former Chile international, revealed that the family are going through a worrying moment. "It was a huge shock," she wrote.
Former Liverpool, Betis and Real Sociedad winger Mark González is recovering from a heart attack in Chile. The 36-year-old, a Copa América winner with Chile in 2016, is in hospital and responding to treatment.
It was González's wife Maura Rivera who broke the news with a post on her Instagram account. "The love of my life, my soul mate, what a shock you have given me. The past few nights have been terrible. Days filled with uncertainty, it's been really frightening," Rivera wrote. "I am writing this as you are still here with us and a little better - and because in many ways, the fact that you are still here with us, makes us cherish every moment we have together, family and above all, life itself. It's amazing how everything can change from one moment to the next. Life can surprise us and test us, instill fear,but with faith, strength and hope, we can come out of all of the bad moments. I want you to be with me forever, Mark," the dander added in an emotional post.
González spent a year with Liverpool, making 25 appearances for Rafa Benítez's side from 2006-7 after spending six months on loan at Real Sociedad. He returned to Spain in June 2007, joining Betis for 6 million euros. With the Verdiblancos, he scored 10 goals in 44 games before moving on to join CSKA Moscow in 2009 with whom he won the Russian Premier League for two seasons running.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan